EyeSafe 40 Micron Core Holmium-Doped LMA Double Clad Fiber
True LMA fiber featuring a unique low NA (< 0.1) high concentration Ho-doped core design. The Ho-doped fiber can be pumped by a Tm-doped fiber laser at ~1950-nm and can achieve 60% efficiency. The high NA (0.46) large pump cladding waveguide allows for efficient coupling of high pump powers. The large core diameter (40 μm) maintains a large mode field diameter and short device length, thereby minimizing non-linear effects such as SBS and SRS.
Geometrical & Mechanical Specifications
Coating Requirements: Low-index polymer coating.
Features & Benefits
- Unique low NA Ho-doped core design — Robust single-mode beam quality
- NuCOAT fluoroacrylate coating — Greater fiber durability in extreme environmental operating & storage conditions
- High pump absorption — Short fiber length, efficient lasing in the ~2 μm window
- High power CW and pulsed EyeSafe (~2 μm) lasers and amplifiers
- EyeSafe industrial and medical lasers
- Military and commercial LIDAR
- ~2 μm output TEM00 fiber lasers for pumping solid state crystal lasers
Nufern’s optical fiber products, including rare-earth doped, gyro, polarization-maintaining, radiation resistant, photosensitive, multimode and single mode, and any other optical fiber product including custom optical fibers, may be covered by one or more of the following pending or issued U.S. Patents, each of which is owned by or licensed by Nufern:
6,779,364; 6,832,026; 6,904,214; 6,950,586; 7,003,206; 7,050,686; 7,062,137; 7,110,647; 7,116,887; 7,167,621; 7,317,857; 7,371,019; 7,386,210; 7,400,812; 7,483,610; 7,634,164; 7,724,422; 5,949,941 (licensed from Furukawa Electric Co. of North America).
Moreover, use of Nufern’s optical fiber products, including modifications thereof, combinations with other products, or certain specific uses can necessitate additional customer licensing, particularly with respect to U.S. Patent nos. 5,818,630 (IMRA America, Inc.) and 6,496,301 (The United States of America as represented by the Secretary of the Navy). See the terms and conditions specific to your purchase.