Single-Mode Bend Insensitive Fiber with High Temperature Acrylate
This family of two different single-mode fibers is specifically designed for non traditional data and telecom applications that use standard telecom wavelengths. Tactical fiber survives and transmits light even under extreme mechanical duress. The R1310-HTA operates identically to SMF-28™ with improved radiation performance. It is also EMP immune and can withstand very high electrical field strengths. All fibers in this series come with high proof strength, large Weibull modulus, and superior dynamic fatigue parameter to maintain high mechanical reliability (long lifetimes). To meet the challenges of the harsh tactical, avionics/aerospace, missile and UAV working environments, the fibers have high temperature acrylate as the standard coating.
7.6 ± 0.6 µm @ 1550 nm
≤ 0.50 dB/km @ 1550 nm
Geometrical & Mechanical Specifications
Coating Requirements: Dual Layer, High Temperature Acrylate
Step or Graded Index: Step Index
Features & Benefits
- Exceptional uniformity and core/clad concentricity — Low connectorization losses
- High proof test level, high Weibull modulus and high dynamic fatigue parameter — Long lifetimes in deployment conditions
- High temperature coating — Survival in hostile environment
- Bend insensitive versions — Survives application in tight confines
- Rad resistant & rad hard versions — Useful in radiation environments
- Airframe, Spacecraft, Missile and UAV optical interconnects
- Large bandwidth tactical cables
- Miniature fiber optic packages
Nufern’s optical fiber products, including rare-earth doped, gyro, polarization-maintaining, radiation resistant, photosensitive, multimode and single mode, and any other optical fiber product including custom optical fibers, may be covered by one or more of the following pending or issued U.S. Patents, each of which is owned by or licensed by Nufern:
6,779,364; 6,832,026; 6,904,214; 6,950,586; 7,003,206; 7,050,686; 7,062,137; 7,110,647; 7,116,887; 7,167,621; 7,317,857; 7,371,019; 7,386,210; 7,400,812; 7,483,610; 7,634,164; 7,724,422; 5,949,941 (licensed from Furukawa Electric Co. of North America).
Moreover, use of Nufern’s optical fiber products, including modifications thereof, combinations with other products, or certain specific uses can necessitate additional customer licensing, particularly with respect to U.S. Patent nos. 5,818,630 (IMRA America, Inc.) and 6,496,301 (The United States of America as represented by the Secretary of the Navy). See the terms and conditions specific to your purchase.