Smart Product Number: LMA-TDF-25P/250-LC
Eye Safe 25P/250 Thulium-Doped LMA Double Clad Fiber
The first true LMA fibers featuring a unique low NA (0.1) Tm-doped core design and fully optimized for high slope efficiency when pumped at 793 nm. This extraordinary efficiency is due to composition enabled cross relaxation of Thulium ions in the core. Both fibers fearure a 25 µm core and a 250 µm clad daimeter design allowing for a large mode field diameter and short device lengths thereby minimizing non-linear effects such as SBS and SRS. The - HE fiber features a high Tm-concentration with high pump conversion efficiency optimized for operation in the higher 2 µm wavelength gain spectrum. The -LC fiber features a lower concentration Tm-concentration that operates in the shorter wavelength region of the gain spectrum with improved performance.
3.00 dB/m at 793 nm
Geometrical & Mechanical Specifications
Coating Requirements: Low index polymer
The passive version of each fiber is also available.
Features & Benefits
- NuCOAT fluoroacrylate coating — Greater fiber durability in extreme environmental operating & storage conditions
- Unique low NA Tm-doped core design — Robust single-mode beam quality
- Optimized composition for 793nm pumping — Very high conversion efficiency
- High pump absorption — Short fiber length, efficient lasing in the ~2µm l window
- All fiber proof tested to > 100 kpsi — Critical for ensuring long term reliability when coiling
- Eye Safe (~2µm) lasers and amplifiers
- Military and commercial lidar
- ~2µm output TEM00 fiber lasers for pumping solid state crystal lasers
- High peak power pulsed fiber amplifiers
Nufern’s optical fiber products, including rare-earth doped, gyro, polarization-maintaining, radiation resistant, photosensitive, multimode and single mode, and any other optical fiber product including custom optical fibers, may be covered by one or more of the following pending or issued U.S. Patents, each of which is owned by or licensed by Nufern:
6,779,364; 6,832,026; 6,904,214; 6,950,586; 7,003,206; 7,050,686; 7,062,137; 7,110,647; 7,116,887; 7,167,621; 7,317,857; 7,371,019; 7,386,210; 7,400,812; 7,483,610; 7,634,164; 7,724,422; 5,949,941 (licensed from Furukawa Electric Co. of North America).
Moreover, use of Nufern’s optical fiber products, including modifications thereof, combinations with other products, or certain specific uses can necessitate additional customer licensing, particularly with respect to U.S. Patent nos. 5,818,630 (IMRA America, Inc.) and 6,496,301 (The United States of America as represented by the Secretary of the Navy). See the terms and conditions specific to your purchase.