Smart Product Number: SM-TSF-5/125
Eye Safe 5/125 Thulium-Doped Single-Mode Single Clad Fiber
This single clad, small core diameter fiber features a very highly Tm-doped core region (~7% Tm) and is ideally suited for core pumping, enabling very short laser cavities required in producing ultra-fast fiber lasers with high slope efficiency under resonant pumping. The 5 µm core diameter with its 0.24 NA, together, offer superior single-mode operation and excellent bending performance.
340.00 ± 50.00 dB/m at 1560 nm
Geometrical & Mechanical Specifications
Coating Requirements: UV Cured, dual acrylate coating.
Features & Benefits
- Small diameter Tm-doped core design — Robust single mode beam quality
- Flexible design — May be pumped with 793 nm diodes or resonantly pumped using a fiber laser
- High pump absorption — Short fiber length, efficient lasing in the ~2 µm window
- High Tm doped core — Facilitates access to shorter lasing wavelengths below 1900 nm
• Low to mid power CW and pulsed Eye Safe (~2 µm) lasers and amplifiers
• Ultra-fast (~2 µm) fiber lasers
• Military and commercial LIDAR
• 2 µm fiber lasers for pumping crystal lasers
Nufern’s optical fiber products, including rare-earth doped, gyro, polarization-maintaining, radiation resistant, photosensitive, multimode and single mode, and any other optical fiber product including custom optical fibers, may be covered by one or more of the following pending or issued U.S. Patents, each of which is owned by or licensed by Nufern:
6,779,364; 6,832,026; 6,904,214; 6,950,586; 7,003,206; 7,050,686; 7,062,137; 7,110,647; 7,116,887; 7,167,621; 7,317,857; 7,371,019; 7,386,210; 7,400,812; 7,483,610; 7,634,164; 7,724,422; 5,949,941 (licensed from Furukawa Electric Co. of North America).
Moreover, use of Nufern’s optical fiber products, including modifications thereof, combinations with other products, or certain specific uses can necessitate additional customer licensing, particularly with respect to U.S. Patent nos. 5,818,630 (IMRA America, Inc.) and 6,496,301 (The United States of America as represented by the Secretary of the Navy). See the terms and conditions specific to your purchase.