25/250 Precision Matched Active LMA Double Clad Fiber
Nufern's matched series of Large Mode Area (LMA) double clad fibers are ideal for high power monolithic fiber lasers and amplifiers. Featuring a matching set of LMA fibers, this series of fibers ensure splice compatibility across the entire chain of 25/250 fiber components required to make monolithic fiber lasers. This matched fiber series is based on a 25 micron diameter core and 250 micron diameter clad size with a low NA (0.065) core and consists of Yb-doped fiber and passive beam delivery fibers all made to highest tolerances in the industry. All fibers utilize the latest glass composition and NuCOATFA coating technology to ensure high slope efficiency, extended operating life and excellent beam quality at the high power levels demanded by today’s industrial fiber laser applications. These precision matched LMA fiber sets are available in non-PM (LMA) and PM (PLMA) versions.
≤ 30.0 dB/km @ 1200 nm
5.25 dB/m near 975 nm
Geometrical & Mechanical Specifications
Coating Requirements: Low Index Polymer Coating.
Features & Benefits
- Matched fiber series – Ensures splice compatibility across the 25/250 matched series of fibers
- NuCOATFA fluoroacrylate coating — Greater fiber durability in extreme environmental operating & storage conditions
- State of the art Yb-doped glass — Useful for generating high CW powers
- Optimized LMA core design — Easy to maintain single mode LP01 beam through fiber & components at high power
- PANDA-style stress structure for increased birefringence — Superior optical performance and uniformity
- All fiber proof tested to > 100 kpsi — Critical for ensuring long term reliability when coiling
- High peak power amplifiers
- Material processing
- Non-linear optics/frequency doubling
Nufern’s optical fiber products, including rare-earth doped, gyro, polarization-maintaining, radiation resistant, photosensitive, multimode and single mode, and any other optical fiber product including custom optical fibers, may be covered by one or more of the following pending or issued U.S. Patents, each of which is owned by or licensed by Nufern:
6,779,364; 6,832,026; 6,904,214; 6,950,586; 7,003,206; 7,050,686; 7,062,137; 7,110,647; 7,116,887; 7,167,621; 7,317,857; 7,371,019; 7,386,210; 7,400,812; 7,483,610; 7,634,164; 7,724,422; 5,949,941 (licensed from Furukawa Electric Co. of North America).
Moreover, use of Nufern’s optical fiber products, including modifications thereof, combinations with other products, or certain specific uses can necessitate additional customer licensing, particularly with respect to U.S. Patent nos. 5,818,630 (IMRA America, Inc.) and 6,496,301 (The United States of America as represented by the Secretary of the Navy). See the terms and conditions specific to your purchase.