30/400 Passive LMA Double Clad Fiber
Nufern's passive series of Large Mode Area (LMA) double clad fibers are ideal for high power monolithic fiber lasers and amplifiers. These passive fibers are based on a 30 micron diameter core and 400 micron diameter clad size with a low NA (0.06) core and are designed to work well with the active Yb-doped 30/400 LMA fibers. These fibers utilize the latest fiber design and NuCOAT coating technology to ensure excellent preservation of beam quality and extended operating life at the high power levels demanded by today’s industrial fiber laser applications. These fibers are available in both non-PM and PANDA-style PM fibers.
Geometrical & Mechanical Specifications
Coating Requirements: Low Index Polymer Coating
Designed to work with 30/400 LMA Yb-doped active fibers.
Features & Benefits
- Designed for compatibility with 30/400 active fibers
- NuCOAT fluoroacrylate coating — Greater fiber durability in extreme environmental operating & storage conditions
- Optimized LMA core design — Easy to maintain single mode LP01 beam through fiber & components at high power
- All fiber proof tested to > 100 kpsi — Critical for ensuring long term reliability when coiling
- Monolithic high power lasers & amplifiers
- LMA fiber couplers & pump combiners
- High power pump & signal pigtails
- Military, industrial and medical
Nufern’s optical fiber products, including rare-earth doped, gyro, polarization-maintaining, radiation resistant, photosensitive, multimode and single mode, and any other optical fiber product including custom optical fibers, may be covered by one or more of the following pending or issued U.S. Patents, each of which is owned by or licensed by Nufern:
6,779,364; 6,832,026; 6,904,214; 6,950,586; 7,003,206; 7,050,686; 7,062,137; 7,110,647; 7,116,887; 7,167,621; 7,317,857; 7,371,019; 7,386,210; 7,400,812; 7,483,610; 7,634,164; 7,724,422; 5,949,941 (licensed from Furukawa Electric Co. of North America).
Moreover, use of Nufern’s optical fiber products, including modifications thereof, combinations with other products, or certain specific uses can necessitate additional customer licensing, particularly with respect to U.S. Patent nos. 5,818,630 (IMRA America, Inc.) and 6,496,301 (The United States of America as represented by the Secretary of the Navy). See the terms and conditions specific to your purchase.