25/300 Erbium/Ytterbium Co-doped LMA Double Clad Fibers
Nufern's Large Mode Area (LMA) and Polarization Maintaining LMA (PLMA) Er/Yb co-doped fiber features a unique low NA (0.09) core design, achieved without sacrificing high pump conversion efficiency and developed for applications where robustly single-mode output beam quality is critical. The high NA (0.46) cladding waveguide (250 and 300 μm) allows for efficient coupling of high pump powers, while the large core diameter (25 and 30 μm) maintains a large-mode field diameter and short device length thereby minimizing deleterious nonlinear effects such as SBS and SRS. The design of these LMA products has been finely tuned to achieve ultra-high efficiencies while suppressing parasitic effects at 1 μm, offering unmatched stability when operating at high powers. Utilizing the NuCOAT™ coating technology, these LMA fibers provide excellent preservation of beam quality and extended operating life at the high power levels demanded by today’s industrial fiber laser applications.
Geometrical & Mechanical Specifications
Coating Requirements: Low-index polymer coating.
Features & Benefits
- NuCOATFA fluoroacrylate coating — Greater fiber durability in extreme environmental operating & storage conditions
- Unique low NA Er/Yb co-doped core design — Few moded core, for robust SM beam quality
- Large-mode field diameter — Increased threshold for non-linearities
- Optimized, high efficiency core glass composition — Suitable for high power operation
- PANDA-style stress structure for increased birefringence — Superior optical performance and uniformity
- All fiber proof tested to > 100 kpsi — Critical for ensuring long term reliability when coiling
- High power lasers and amplifiers emitting around 1.5 μm
- Single frequency systems
- Military and commercial LIDAR
- High peak power, pulsed fiber amplifiers
Nufern’s optical fiber products, including rare-earth doped, gyro, polarization-maintaining, radiation resistant, photosensitive, multimode and single mode, and any other optical fiber product including custom optical fibers, may be covered by one or more of the following pending or issued U.S. Patents, each of which is owned by or licensed by Nufern:
6,779,364; 6,832,026; 6,904,214; 6,950,586; 7,003,206; 7,050,686; 7,062,137; 7,110,647; 7,116,887; 7,167,621; 7,317,857; 7,371,019; 7,386,210; 7,400,812; 7,483,610; 7,634,164; 7,724,422; 5,949,941 (licensed from Furukawa Electric Co. of North America).
Moreover, use of Nufern’s optical fiber products, including modifications thereof, combinations with other products, or certain specific uses can necessitate additional customer licensing, particularly with respect to U.S. Patent nos. 5,818,630 (IMRA America, Inc.) and 6,496,301 (The United States of America as represented by the Secretary of the Navy). See the terms and conditions specific to your purchase.