20/400 Ytterbium-Doped LMA Double Clad PM Fiber
Nufern's Large Mode Area (LMA) Ytterbium-doped double clad fiber is ideal for high power fiber lasers and amplifiers used in military, industrial, and medical applications. These fibers enable efficient, compact, diode pumped lasers that directly compete with traditional solid-state lasers. The fiber features a 20 micron diameter core and 400 micron diameter clad size with a low NA (0.06) core. With > 75% slope efficiency and compatibility with operating at > 1kW of CW output power, this fiber is ideal for use in high power single-mode industrial fiber lasers.
1.50 dB/m near 975 nm
Geometrical & Mechanical Specifications
Coating Requirements: Low Index Polymer
Features & Benefits
- NuCOATFA fluoroacrylate coating - Greater fiber durability in extreme operating and storage conditions
- LMA core design - Useful for generating high CW powers.
- "Few" moded core design - Easy to maintain single mode LP01 beam through fiber & components
- PANDA-style stress structure for increased birefringence - Superior optical perfomance and uniformity
- All fiber proof tested to >100 kpsi - Critical for ensuring long term reliability when coiling.
- High power fiber lasers
- CW and pulsed amplifiers
- Military, industrial and medical
Nufern’s optical fiber products, including rare-earth doped, gyro, polarization-maintaining, radiation resistant, photosensitive, multimode and single mode, and any other optical fiber product including custom optical fibers, may be covered by one or more of the following pending or issued U.S. Patents, each of which is owned by or licensed by Nufern:
6,779,364; 6,832,026; 6,904,214; 6,950,586; 7,003,206; 7,050,686; 7,062,137; 7,110,647; 7,116,887; 7,167,621; 7,317,857; 7,371,019; 7,386,210; 7,400,812; 7,483,610; 7,634,164; 7,724,422; 5,949,941 (licensed from Furukawa Electric Co. of North America).
Moreover, use of Nufern’s optical fiber products, including modifications thereof, combinations with other products, or certain specific uses can necessitate additional customer licensing, particularly with respect to U.S. Patent nos. 5,818,630 (IMRA America, Inc.) and 6,496,301 (The United States of America as represented by the Secretary of the Navy). See the terms and conditions specific to your purchase.