25/250 Ytterbium-Doped LMA Double Clad PM Fiber
Nufern's 25/250 Ytterbium-doped double clad fiber is ideally suited for high peak power pulsed fiber amplifier applications. Based on a waveguide structure that supports less modes than the 30/250 fiber, this fiber is incorporated into components and monolithic designs where maintaining beam quality can be more difficult. Both non-PM and PANDA-style PM fibers are available, as are a range of support fibers for component and pigtail development efforts. As with all Nufern standard Large Mode Area (LMA) fibers, these fibers are proof-tested to 100 kpsi, an industry requirement for long term reliability when coiling for mode filtering.
5.10 dB/m near 975 nm
Geometrical & Mechanical Specifications
Coating Requirements: Low Index Polymer Coating.
The precision matched fiber sets are also available - see PLMA-YDF-25/250-M; LMA-YDF-25/250-M; PLMA-GDF-25/250-M and LMA-GDF-25/250-M
Features & Benefits
- NuCOAT fluoroacrylate coating - Greater fiber durability in extreme operating and storage conditions
- LMA core design and short amplifier length - Useful for generating high peak powers
- "Few" moded core design - Easy to maintain single mode LP01 beam through fiber & components
- PANDA-style stress structure for increased birefringence - Superior optical performance and uniformity
- All fiber proof tested to > 100 kpsi - Critical for ensuring long term reliability when coiling
- High peak power amplifiers
- Material processing
- Non-linear optics/frequency doubling
Nufern’s optical fiber products, including rare-earth doped, gyro, polarization-maintaining, radiation resistant, photosensitive, multimode and single mode, and any other optical fiber product including custom optical fibers, may be covered by one or more of the following pending or issued U.S. Patents, each of which is owned by or licensed by Nufern:
6,779,364; 6,832,026; 6,904,214; 6,950,586; 7,003,206; 7,050,686; 7,062,137; 7,110,647; 7,116,887; 7,167,621; 7,317,857; 7,371,019; 7,386,210; 7,400,812; 7,483,610; 7,634,164; 7,724,422; 5,949,941 (licensed from Furukawa Electric Co. of North America).
Moreover, use of Nufern’s optical fiber products, including modifications thereof, combinations with other products, or certain specific uses can necessitate additional customer licensing, particularly with respect to U.S. Patent nos. 5,818,630 (IMRA America, Inc.) and 6,496,301 (The United States of America as represented by the Secretary of the Navy). See the terms and conditions specific to your purchase.