High Absorption 30/250 Precision Matched Ytterbium-Doped LMA Double Clad Fiber
Nufern precision matched high absorption 30/250 Ytterbium-doped double clad fiber offers a higher Yb dopant concentration than our original 30/250 LMA fibers and tighter geometrical specifications improving splice loss and mateability. This fiber is specifically designed for short pulse amplification where fiber length is a critical design factor because of very high peak powers. The high absorption enables very short fiber amplifier lengths without sacrificing efficiency. Short pulse fiber amplifiers can be considered low-cost replacements for Nd:YAG lasers used in materials processing, LIDAR and range finding applications. This precision matched active fiber is optimized to match Nufern's precision matched passive 30/250 fiber for superior splicing and loss performance.
≤ 45.0 dB/km @ 1300 nm
6.30 dB/m near 975 nm
Geometrical & Mechanical Specifications
Coating Requirements: Low index polymer coating.
The precision matched passive version of this fiber is also available - see LMA-GDF-30/250-M
Features & Benefits
- Precesion matched fiber series – ensure splice compatibility across the 30/250 High Absorption LMA fibers
- NuCOATFA fluoroacrylate coating — Greater fiber durability in extreme environmental operating & storage conditions
- LMA core design and short amplifier length — Useful for generating high peak powers
- “Few” moded core design — Easy to maintain single mode LP01 beam through fiber & components
- Higher Yb dopant concentration — Higher absorption & superior long-term performance
- Short pulse fiber amplifiers & lasers
- Materials processing
- Range finding
- CW fiber amplifiers and lasers
Nufern’s optical fiber products, including rare-earth doped, gyro, polarization-maintaining, radiation resistant, photosensitive, multimode and single mode, and any other optical fiber product including custom optical fibers, may be covered by one or more of the following pending or issued U.S. Patents, each of which is owned by or licensed by Nufern:
6,779,364; 6,832,026; 6,904,214; 6,950,586; 7,003,206; 7,050,686; 7,062,137; 7,110,647; 7,116,887; 7,167,621; 7,317,857; 7,371,019; 7,386,210; 7,400,812; 7,483,610; 7,634,164; 7,724,422; 5,949,941 (licensed from Furukawa Electric Co. of North America).
Moreover, use of Nufern’s optical fiber products, including modifications thereof, combinations with other products, or certain specific uses can necessitate additional customer licensing, particularly with respect to U.S. Patent nos. 5,818,630 (IMRA America, Inc.) and 6,496,301 (The United States of America as represented by the Secretary of the Navy). See the terms and conditions specific to your purchase.