15/130 Precision Matched Ytterbium-Doped LMA Double Clad Fiber
Nufern’s precision matched Large Mode Area (LMA), Ytterbium-doped double clad fiber is ideal for high power fiber lasers and amplifiers used in military, industrial, and medical applications. LMA Yb-doped fibers enable efficient, compact, diode pumped fiber sources that are an attractive alternative to traditional solid-state lasers. This fiber features a large core/cladding ratio with a low NA (0.08) and is ideally suited for pulsed laser applications .This precision matched active fiber is optimized to match Nufern's precision matched passive 15/130 fiber for superior splicing and loss performance.
5.40 dB/m near 976 nm
Geometrical & Mechanical Specifications
Coating Requirements: Low Index Polymer.
The precision matched passive version of this fiber is also available - see LMA-GDF-15/130-M
Features & Benefits
- Precesion matched fiber series — ensure splice compatibility across the 15/130 LMA fibers
- NuCOAT fluoroacrylate coating — Greater fiber durability in extreme environmental operating & storage condition
- LMA core design and short amplifier length — Useful for generating high peak powers
- “Few” moded core design — Easy to maintain single mode LP01 beam through fiber & components
- All fiber proof tested to > 100 kpsi — Critical for ensuring long term reliability when coiling
- Pulsed fiber lasers and amplifiers
- Material processing
- Non-linear optics / frequency doubling
Nufern’s optical fiber products, including rare-earth doped, gyro, polarization-maintaining, radiation resistant, photosensitive, multimode and single mode, and any other optical fiber product including custom optical fibers, may be covered by one or more of the following pending or issued U.S. Patents, each of which is owned by or licensed by Nufern:
6,779,364; 6,832,026; 6,904,214; 6,950,586; 7,003,206; 7,050,686; 7,062,137; 7,110,647; 7,116,887; 7,167,621; 7,317,857; 7,371,019; 7,386,210; 7,400,812; 7,483,610; 7,634,164; 7,724,422; 5,949,941 (licensed from Furukawa Electric Co. of North America).
Moreover, use of Nufern’s optical fiber products, including modifications thereof, combinations with other products, or certain specific uses can necessitate additional customer licensing, particularly with respect to U.S. Patent nos. 5,818,630 (IMRA America, Inc.) and 6,496,301 (The United States of America as represented by the Secretary of the Navy). See the terms and conditions specific to your purchase.